The types of program that may be offered by Women in Bloom include (but are not limited to) the following:
● Training and counseling services
● Bilingual and translation assistance
● Coordination with interview coaches to prepare applicants for interviews
● Pre- and post-placement follow-up services for employers and employees
● Workshops to teach skills such as resume writing or how to start a small business
● Assistance in the completion of government and private-sector employment forms
● Training of applicants to develop successful interviewing strategies
● Training in writing successful business communications
● Assistance in projecting an appropriate workplace image
● Dressing for Success clothing drives
Upcoming & Past Events...
Women in Bloom 3rd Annual Holiday Expo
November 16, 2017 | 4:00-7:30 | Porter County Expo Building
Grab your friends for fun night out to shop, support a great cause, mix & mingle, as well as gather some great tips on decorating for the holidays, pairing food, and staying organized in mind, body, and spirit this holiday season. Our biggest fundraiser to include a silent auction and wine pull. Admission is FREE, but donations are appreciated. Food, wine, & beer will be available for purchase. Check out our FACEBOOK (click) to find out more details.
Crossroads Chamber Reality Store
Held on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 from 7:30 – 2:30 PM
WIB's Founder (Angela Crossin) and President (Lesley Herod) assisted in various opportunties with junior high students at this event.. The purpose of the Reality Store is to teach students about the impact of the decisions they are making right now and how those decisions will affect the rest of their lives. Students are provided with an occupation and a budget and different scenarios, i.e., college vs. no college, married, kids, pets, etc., and they visit the many booths, which include banks for mortgages, car loans, utilities, insurance, child care, clothing, food, veterinarian, gym memberships, entertainment, etc. They get a feel for life in the “real world.” Women in Bloom sponsored and participated -- we would love for additional volunteers to join us in 2018!